Sunday 27 January 2013

Early morning.

Tonight is one of the fleeting kinds of nights that I have that I remind myself that I am so glad that I am filled with love, and not hate.

I am so glad that I keep looking for the best in people, despite how many times they fuck me over.

I am so glad that I fall in love again and again and again, no matter how many times my heart shatters.

I am so glad that no matter how terrible I am feeling, to a degree, I can almost always understand, or at the very least sympathise, with whatever someone else is going through.

I am so, so, so glad, that I have come home at 2.30am on a Monday morning, not crying tears of sadness, but tears of sympathy. 

You will get better, I will get better. Eventually this will all be a bad dream. You deserve to be loved, and so do I. I cannot be that for you and you cannot be that for me, but one day, it will happen. 

There are brighter things in this world than empty tunnels, and there are happier things in this life than meaningless days after days. People are what matter and people are what make it worth it. 

"The only thing I know is this: I am full of wounds and still standing on my feet." (Nikos Kazantzakis)

No comments:

Post a Comment